Latest: Abe2014
    New Today: 0
    New Yesterday: 1
    Overall: 712

People Online:
    Visitors: 0
    Members: 0
    Total: 0

sonicbomb.com :: View topic - Weather Channel Founder "Greatest SCAM In History"

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
    View previous topic
    revolutionman
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quote

Ya know Obama brushes his shoulders when he is done with something right?
    bueschu
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:27 am Reply with quote

Err... Good for him, I guess?
    revolutionman
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:12 pm Reply with quote

bueschu
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:03 pm Reply with quote

Horray! A new Potholer54-video about the UKs most famous AGW-denier, "Lord" Monckton:

revolutionman
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:22 pm Reply with quote

I watched a documentary called Gasland last night for the first time dealing with some random person's journey about finding out about how damaging hydraulic fracking by oil companies is ruining water sources, and possibly polluting the air at a rate many many times moreso than emissions from vehicles around the US. It seems terrible these oil wells everywhere, but reading further last night, it seems some of this guy's facts were not straight, however there yet seems more evidence against these companies and environmental effects then against his misplaced facts. What do you think?

However one thing not mentioned at all in the film, but was clearly obvious while watching, was that it was very very clear that animals did not hang out or live anywhere near these oil drums and wells, not even birds.
    bueschu
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:16 pm Reply with quote

Honestly, I haven't dug into the whole fracking-issue, so I really can't tell you much more. I heard in the news however, that there are indeed health-related and environmental issues with the technology.
    There is a Canadian (?) website called desmogblog which covers fracking quite extensively. Might be worthwile to check it out, though keep in mind that some of its contributors are environmental activists and therefore probably biased (Grav would say that they are eeeevil commie-progressive-enviros bent for world domination Wink).
    N1
    Baker (23 kt)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:28 pm Reply with quote

Crackpots.
    bueschu
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:20 pm Reply with quote

This is the science-story of the century: Global warming cancelled, earth headed for a mini-ice age!... NOT! Razz

Oh wait, let's do it again in Gravitonian: COMMUNIST AGW-SCAM PLOT FOR WORLD DOMINATION AND TAXATION FOILED BY DIVINE GLOBAL COOLING!!?!
    bueschu
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I think everybody who saw Potholer54s vids knows what a quack climate-denier Christopher Monckton is. But this de facto makes it official: Monckton is a crock who lost even the tiniest shred of credibility.

Letter to Viscount Monckton of Brenchley from David Beamish, the Clerk of the [British] Parliaments:

Quote:
    Dear Lord Monckton

My predecessor, Sir Michael Pownall, wrote to you on 21 July 2010, and again on 30 July 2010, asking that you cease claiming to be a Member of the House of Lords, either directly or by implication. It has been drawn to my attention that you continue to make such claims.

In particular, I have listened to your recent interview with Mr Adam Spencer on Australian radio. In response to the direct question, whether or not you were a Member of the House of Lords, you said "Yes, but without the right to sit or vote". You later repeated, "I am a Member of the House".

I must repeat my predecessor's statement that you are not and have never been a Member of the House of Lords. Your assertion that you are a Member, but without the right to sit or vote, is a contradiction in terms. No-one denies that you are, by virtue of your letters Patent, a Peer. That is an entirely separate issue to membership of the House. This is borne out by the recent judgment in Baron Mereworth v Ministry of Justice (Crown Office) where Mr Justice Lewison stated:

"In my judgment, the reference [in the House of Lords Act 1999] to 'a member of the House of Lords' is simply a reference to the right to sit and vote in that House ... In a nutshell, membership of the House of Lords means the right to sit and vote in that House. It does not mean entitlement to the dignity of a peerage."

I must therefore again ask that you desist from claiming to be a Member of the House of Lords, either directly or by implication, and also that you desist from claiming to be a Member "without the right to sit or vote".

I am publishing this letter on the parliamentary website so that anybody who wishes to check whether you are a Member of the House of Lords can view this official confirmation that you are not.

David Beamish
    Clerk of the Parliaments

15 July 2011
    bueschu
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:16 am Reply with quote

No comment.

bueschu
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:14 am Reply with quote

Horray! 25'000 views! *fireworks*
    revolutionman
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:41 pm Reply with quote

Seeing as how most of the latest posts are by the same person congrats to them for pushing their views on this subject.
    bueschu
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:13 am Reply with quote

Look, you don't need to read my posts, if you don't like what I have to say - nore does anybody else. It's just that after all the crap Graviton posted here on a subject that will shape our future probably more then any other in the long run, I kinda have the feeling issuing one post too much is better than the other way round.
    revolutionman
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote

I see where you're coming from. I guess it could go both ways. Mainly it is just too bad that other people have opted out of this debate, but you're passionate and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
    bueschu
    Cherokee (3.8 mt)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:04 am Reply with quote

I see where you're coming from too. I'm sorry, if I seem overzealous with my posts. It's just that Grav has succesfully spread so much misinformation about AGW! I kinda feel obliged to close all the loose ends.
    It would be funnier indeed if there were more responses, though. But then, this thread has scored a whopping 25'000 views, so somebody takes notice of it, I guess.

View next topic
    View previous topic