New Today: 0
    New Yesterday: 1
    Overall: 671

People Online:
    Visitors: 0
    Members: 0
    Total: 0

sonicbomb.com :: View topic - Documentary subtitles

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
    View previous topic
    Post new topic Reply to topic  sonicbomb.com Forum Index » General Atomic Chat
    Grapple
    Sunset (1 mt)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:11 pm Reply with quote

I´m working to put portuguese subtitles in my videos.In my country is impossible find these documentarys is translate form(or any form).

I use the VirtualDub and the Sub Station Alpha programs to do it.

My hope is that friends here help-me in some parts where i can´t understand the voices(my english is not very good).

Thanks for all!

The last shot above is only a small part of the video(i don´t have the entire film)
    sonicbomb
    Forum Admin
    Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:26 pm Reply with quote

I will help if I can
    Grapple
    Sunset (1 mt)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Sonic...

I will select the parts where i need help and post them here.

Give-me some time.

Thanks for the help.
    Grapple
    Sunset (1 mt)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:13 pm Reply with quote

Trinity and Beyond

I need help only in the space between words.

The 100 tons test:
    “May 1945------the hot of the New México desert--------.(TAB 0.01.53)
    Two months to this day,the man release the destructive power of the------and put the world,in the atomic age.
    (TAB 0.02.39)

Complete first interview of Edward Teller
    (TAB 0.05.54)

Hiroshima and Nagasaki part:
    “Pearl Harbor,put the US in the war.For three years--------island by island,mile by mile------in close desperate fight.This fanatic enemy------------.”(TAB 0.10.31)

Crossroads:
    “Animals,plant life----------was assembly to study...”(TAB 0.17.17)

Frank Shelton about Baker:
    “For instance(?)--------the Saratoga----------flown over the Bikini lagoon.And three days,when the waters-----see the Saratoga------.”(TAB 0.21.19)

Los Alamos part after Crossroads:
    “This is the------city of Los Alamos.The atomic city.This is a -------modern-----create by the people of the USA.”(TAB 0.23.35)

Ranger Able test in 27 january 1951:
    I can´t understand the comunication between the pilot and bombardier.(TAB 0.31.14)

Interview of Edward Teller about the H Bomb:(TAB 0.36.56)

Ivy Mike part:
    “Welcome on board of the USS Estes------is the comander ship.”(TAB 0.38.01)

“------one of the most momentuns in the history of the science.This is the first fullscale test of a hydrogen device--------well(?).”
    (TAB 0.40.06)

I need the translate comunication of the helicopter flying near of the Ivy Mike crater.(TAB 0.42.32)

1955 Civil Defense exercises part:
    “And training exercises-----what will you do?What will happen to you ? “(TAB 0.50.55)

I need translate the tv program inside the house with dummies.(TAB 0.50.81)

The effects of the radiation and fallout part:
    “If ------it is a tragical thing-----------it citizens----------in these views,the fallout casualties------in service of the humanity.Unknow soldiers in war---------.”(TAB 0.60.64)

Propaganda Move part:
    “These pictures.Enlarge to 16mm for your theater screen(?)-------propaganda manouver.”(TAB 0.70.61)

Declaration in ONU after the Tsar Bomba test part:
    “------------------and start a new race for more deadly weapons------------this monster and unnecessary weapon-------the USA delegation deeply----------.”(TAB 0.73.40)

Kennedy last declaration.(TAB 0.81.90)

I need the name of the last music play in the beach´s barbecue.(TAB 0.83.94)

THE END.

Last edited by Grapple on Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sonicbomb
    Forum Admin
    Forum Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quote

Can you put more info next to each quote you need help with, as in which film it comes from and the time that it occurs at?

eg:

TaB - 21:27
    Grapple
    Sunset (1 mt)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote

Ok...i´m working on it.
    Grapple
    Sunset (1 mt)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote

I put the times in my post.

Look above.
    sonicbomb
    Forum Admin
    Forum Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:52 pm Reply with quote

That was way more labourious than I thought it would be...

The 100 tons test:(TAB 0.01.53)

The hot New Mexico desert seemed far from the ravages of war in Europe.
    Two months from this day, man would unleash the destructive power of the demon locked with the very fabric of matter, and plunge the world into the atomic age.

Complete first interview of Edward Teller(TAB 0.05.54)

I had a very good friend, a HUngarian 10 years older than I, Leo Szilard. He had a very independent mind, and a great feeling what is coming. He saw years ahead, that nuclear explosives would become important. He was a friend, and I helped him. For instance, I drove him to an important interview with Einstein, where Einstein wrote the famous letter to
    Roosevelt, that started things going.I myself, was interested in theoretical physics, in explaining atoms molecular vibrations, knowledge and more knowledge. I didn’t want to do it. But then...Hitler not only, swallowed up half of Poland, he invaded the West, and two days later there was an invitation to a pan-American congress. Where Roosevelt who I had never seen before was going to speak, and he made a remarkable speech. How the world is really endangered by Hitler among other things and at the climax he said, you scientists are blamed for the weapons to be used. But I tell you, that If you now won’t work on weapons, the freedom of the world will be lost. Now you know I had the feeling, that Roosevelt was talking to me. I was there when the letter was signed that awoke his
    interest in nuclear energy. I though I knew he was talking about nuclear energy of the two thousand scientists there, I felt he was talking to me. Of course not true, but in that twenty minutes talk, my mind was made up. I continued to like better the work of pure science, but this had to be done, and as long as it had to be done, I had could contribute, I did and was never sorry for having done it.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki part:(TAB 0.10.31)

Pearl Harbour, plunged the United States into war. For three years, gathering momentum with each small victory, our forces have conducted an offensive against the war-bloated empire of the rising sun. Slowing island by island, mile by mile, and then with ever quickening sweeps, the combined land sea and air forces of the allies drove against the borders
    of that empire. Forcing it back until late in 1945, only the bastians of the Japanese home islands remain to be stormed. Ahead lay the greatest campaign of all, invasion of the Japanese homeland, and close in desperate fighting. That this fanatical enemy would not quit, until her last fighting man had been driven from his cave and killed. Had been
    established time and again by bitter experience.

[b]Crossroads:(TAB 0.17.17)

Animals, plant life, even biological warfare agents were assembled to study the effects of heat blast and radiation.

Frank Shelton about Baker:(TAB 0.21.19)

For instance, the USS Saratoga had the bottom of it essentially knocked out of it from the underwater burst, and the
    Saratoga sank and sets upright on the bottom of the Bikini lagoon at the present time. I've often flown over Bikini lagoon, and on clear days when the water is quiet, you can still see the Saratoga sitting there.

Los Alamos part after Crossroads:(TAB 0.23.35)

This is the mile high city of Los Alamos, the atomic city. This is a modern pueblo created by the people of the united
    states as a research and development center for atomic weapons.

Ranger Able test in 27 january 1951:(TAB 0.31.14)

Give me a level.
    Level, level level.
    Turn in five seconds.

Interview of Edward Teller about the H Bomb:(TAB 0.36.56)

Many people thought about it, we discussed it a lot. At the end of the war most people wanted to stop, I didn’t. Because here was more knowledge, and in the coming uncertain period with dangerous men like Stalin around, and our incomplete knowledge I felt that more knowledge is necessary. About the people who knew a great deal about the hydrogen bomb, I was
    the only advocate of it, and that is I think is my contribution. Not that I invented it, although I could have and others in the Soviet Union did. But, I was the one person, who put knowledge and availability of knowledge about everything else and I must say, it appears that that appealed to Truman and he made the right decision.

Ivy Mike part:(TAB 0.38.01)

Welcome on board of the USS Estes, as you may or may not know, the Estes here is the command ship of joint task force
    132. We have minutes to go before the first blast, mike shot of operation Ivy, erm, fifty nine minutes now to be exact. You have a grandstand seat here, to one of the most momentous events in the history of science. You will see the most powerful explosion ever witnessed by human eyes. This is the first full-scale test of a hydrogen device, if the reaction goes, we are in the thermonuclear era.

Comunication of the helicopter flying near of the Ivy Mike crater.(TAB 0.42.32)

Two six approachi9ng ground-zero, coming up on Bogun, the detection station on bogun appears to be in good shape. No visable signs of plywood tube, all test islands appear to be swept clean, ugelab is completely gone, nothing there but water, and what appears to be a deep crater.

1955 Civil Defense exercises part:(TAB 0.50.55)

Only in practice now, a rehearsal a training exercise. But tomorrow this siren may mean the real thing, and if you hear it, as you drive in your auto as you sit in your office, or work at your bench, wherever you are. What will you do, what will happen to you?

Tv program inside the house with dummies.(TAB 0.50.81)

Lets tip your hat back so we can get a good look view of you as I ask you a very personal question, how old are you?

My next birthday I'll be sixty five I'm sorry to say.

That makes you oldest yet really the youngest from what we have observed here as inhabitants of our trench close to ground-zero. There is a charming lady right behind you, do you mind if we talk to her too, I'd like to get a feminine reaction too. Mrs Helen Langeger from NYC, Helen how long have you been waiting now? Oh, for about eight days.

Eight, nine days.

Well Grant, I guess we better get back up to media hill, and see whats going on and how close to h-hour we really are. Well here on media hill Roy, the big story as far as we can determine from looking out there, is the civil defence story as well as that story of the military in the armoured vehicles, the tanks and the personnel carriers. Now Roy, once again I want to call you in so you can have a look at out split screen arrangement that we have here. Not only are cameras here on media hill, but there is the camera you have down in the pit. So come in on that split screen and in just a few seconds now you will see me assume this position here in fact there is our cue now. Everybody get down get down in the position, I'm going to shield my eyes against flying debris, pull the helmet down on the nape of my neck so we don’t get too many flying rocks. Alright good luck Roy. Now let me explain something about this screen, this screen across the bottom of the section I am will represent 1 mile on you camera. The top part two miles, we are going to switch to another camera I'm going to move out of here.

10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 Zero

The shockwave will arrive in the control point area in approximately half a minute..

The effects of the radiation and fallout part:(TAB 0.60.64)

If this should happen, it would be a tragic thing for those injured, no matter how small a number. whether these statistically very few casualties can be justified is a personal value judgment, outside the scope of this report. Each citizen must make his or her own evaluation. There are those few who loudly maintain that there is no actual threat to the free world at all, certainly none that can justify nuclear testing or nuclear armaments. The opposite view point holds that the development of our nuclear power has been an absolutely necessary protection against communist hostility and nuclear threats. In this view the fallout casualties if any, will be see as that of unidentified soldiers in the service of humanity. Unknown soldiers in a war that has not struck, and which our nuclear power may indeed prevent from ever striking.

Declaration in ONU after the Tsar Bomba test part:(TAB 0.73.40)

As he said he would, Mr Khrushchev has exploded his giant bomb in cynical disregard of the United Nations. By this act, the Soviet Union have added injury to insult. They broke the moratorium, on nuclear weapon testing. They have raised atmospheric pollution to new heights, they have started a new race, for more deadly weapons. They have spurned the
    humanitarian appeal of the United Nations, and of all peace loving peoples. They have no advanced no solid justification for exploding this monstrous and unnecessary weapon. They have been wholey unmoved by the dangers of radioactive fallout to the human race. The United States delegation deeply deplores this contempt for world opinion, and we think that in the light of this sombre development, that other delegations may wish to express their views on this shocking and distressing news. For today My chairman, the world has taken a great leap backwards toward anarchy and disaster.

Kennedy last declaration.(TAB 0.81.90)

This small step towards safety can be followed by others. Longer and less limited, if also harder in the taking. With our courage and understanding, enlarged by this achievement, let us press onwards in quest of mans essential desire for peace. As President of the United States, and with the advise and consent of the Senate, I now sign the instruments of
    ratification of this treaty.

Beach´s barbecue music:

This was isted in the credits, so I assume you do not have the DVD, I strongly recommend you buy a copy.

"Where the boys are" by Neil Sadaka and Howard Greenfield

Propaganda Move part:
    “These pictures.Enlarge to 16mm for your theater screen(?)-------propaganda manouver.”(TAB 0.70.61)

I could'nt find this at the point you have stated.
    Blake
    Tewa (5 mt)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:22 am Reply with quote

sonicbomb wrote:
    That was way more labourious than I thought it would be...

Geez, no kidding. You've got a servant's heart SB.
    sonicbomb
    Forum Admin
    Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:33 am Reply with quote

Servant? I don't like the way that sounds...
    Grapple
    Sunset (1 mt)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Sonic,it´s really amazing job and thank´s for this!

The work for me is complete and i will put you in my the translate credits!

Is wonderfull for me to see that exist people in the web disposed to help other people.It is a quality who no much people have and you need have pride of it!

I need to say that i have a real passion for this matter and we share it.For anyone that have the same passion,your site is the best place to find everything about this true amazing peace of history.

Nice work!

Really thanks for the help!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
    sonicbomb
    Forum Admin
    Forum Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote

You are welcome, I was glad to help.
    Blake
    Tewa (5 mt)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quote

sonicbomb wrote:
    Servant? I don't like the way that sounds...

Well, you should. Look how happy you made Grapple. That's what I meant. Having a servant's heart means you are not selfish, you give of your time for the service of others. It has many meanings, but that sums it up for the most part. It's a good thing to have SB. And it's not something that comes naturally to us, we have to work at it. At least in my case. Wink
    Grapple
    Sunset (1 mt)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:11 pm Reply with quote

Anyone can help-me with the subtitles for the British Cold War Superweapons documentary? Sad

View next topic
    View previous topic