New Today: 1
    New Yesterday: 1
    Overall: 712

People Online:
    Visitors: 0
    Members: 0
    Total: 0

sonicbomb.com :: View topic - ForeignPolicy.com: Think Again: Drugs

Forum FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages Log in

View next topic
    View previous topic
    Graviton
    Yankee (13.5 mt)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quote

fastfission wrote:
    Grav, you just want to tell other people what to do. You failed to respond to my pulling you up about the myth of passive smoking; you just bought into this lie because it is convenient to your world view. Just like the Red Greens / Green Misanthropists and the global warming myth. I see no difference between them and you.

As I said, clearly we will never agree on this. You cannot respect other people's choices and you believe your choices should be the same for all.

Comrade Grav, Saviour of the Nation.

There is your misplaced invocation of moral ground. Pro-drug people never have it.

Reasonable people never respect recreational drug usage, especially after what I have seen casual use did to people I know. Widespread mental -- including emotionally with the escapism that drugs promote -- health damage driven by drugs also rots a society from within. People who support drugs do not care about other people and the lessening that drugs has on people. Drug people are not realists at all in their reliance on drugs to escape reality and the bummer feelings of sloth, headaches, lessened achievement (in time), emotional problems, and a dulled mind that all embrace casual drug usage.

FF, notice how you don't care about the problems casual drug use will cause you, since you always skirt around it. You don't even care about your own personal well-being beyond the standards drop into drug usage.

I also know that people can fail drug tests if there is sidestream pot smoke breathed in. This imposes on others.

Recreational drugs decay whole societies. They are NOT "it's only my business" issues for users. They rot a whole society from within with added health costs, depleted skills brought on by subcultural failure, increased stupidity by minds weakened by drugs, and much more.

View next topic
    View previous topic